5th Febuary 2012 at about 6.15pm would be the date I would always remember - when my father passed away.
I was out with a couple of friends when I heard a phone call from my elder brother, requesting that I head home immediately, in a very soft but serious tone. My heart raced upon hearing that, and I left them abruptly in a taxi. I had seriously no idea what was going on.... I kept praying, and praying....
I caught a glimpse of an ambulance as the taxi approached my block. My mind was thinking, "could it be that he was to be admitted to the hospital?" I took the lift, and when I reached my floor... I saw two policemen outside of my house along the corridor.. I wasn't sure what they were there for...
Until I entered the house. There he was.. all covered with a piece of cloth.
I looked at my mum, and my bro in total disbelief.
He was gone.
His lifeless body on the bed.
Just a few hours ago, I was talking to him... He was gripping tight on my upper arm as my brother and I were carrying him so that my mum could change the bedsheet.
Just a few hours ago, I shook and kissed his hand before leaving the house.
My mind was filled with so many thoughts, that I became rather distraught and disorientated.
Tears began to flow.. with the question of "why I was not by his side before he blew his last breath?"
I feel that would the question which would haunt me for the days, weeks and months ahead..
