Friday, October 7, 2011

Tokyo trip.. finally.

A few years after I had made a promise with someone which was eventually never fulfilled, my hope and dream of travelling to Japan - after the exchange trip to Hiroshima 8 years ago - finally came true.

I was initially very excited and looking forward to the day of our departure until a memory flashed in my mind. I became somewhat emotional as I recalled that particular moment I said to that person, "let's go to Japan someday, shall we?"

But as much as I still feel sad over that unfulfilled promise, I managed to persuade myself that everyone is entitled to their own dreams - and not to be dragged down just because the other person is no longer with me. what's important is how I am going to take on anything that's in front of me.

And I may sound selfish on this but, I am going to give myself the love and joy which I have been missing out.